Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 31 (August 20)

Our morning started off way too early since we kept Snoh up until after 10pm with haircuts last night.  But he enjoyed being able to see Brother and Tom this morning.

We had this conversation:
S: You only have 1 mom.
MB: Yes, you are right.
S: It's because you're already a mom, so you only need 1.
MB:  I'm not a mom.  I don't have any kids.
S: No, but moms take care of kids and you've been taking care of me.
MB: So, is brother a mom?
S: No, he's a dad.  Wait, do you drink coffee?
MB: No, I don't like to drink coffee.
S: But real moms drink coffee.
MB: When can I be a real mom then?
S: Well the doctor has to tell you when your tummy is ready for a baby.

Then I had nothing else to say.  The conversations you can have with a 5 year amaze me.  He's so smart!

When Snoh talked to Mellissa and his mom this morning he was watching a movie which made it hard for him to want to talk but he did tell them that we're making brownies for them (not my idea, but we definitely will now) and that Wende Lady has a pool for them.  He always says "call me when you are done with work" but they both told him that they weren't working today.  He seemed confused but little did he know that they were already on their way here, a day earlier than he expected!

Brother got off early from work and we were able to go to Wende Lady's house to feed the cats while they are away camping for the weekend and also get an extra mattress for Coco & Mellissa, which Snoh has been very worried about.  We got it home and settled into the small bedroom with Snoh, and then he insisted on putting his olive oil in his hair.  I told him I didn't know how and that he'd have to wait for brother's help, but next thing I know, he is showing me that he can do it all alone (PICTURES ARE COMING!)  When brother told him to rub it all in, he got "angry"and hid in the bathroom (at least it wasn't locked in, see we are making some progress).  When I went to tell him that if he's angry he can choose to sit on his bed but we don't hide in the bathroom, Coco & Mellissa arrived.  Should have seen his face when he saw them.

He was more than excited to see them and I'm glad I was cooking dinner, because he was on a whirlwind of energy showing them every possible thing he's done inthe last 31 days!  It was overwhelming for me and I've been with him those days.  They did notice that he's grown and believe he's lost his baby face since being here.  We, of course, don't see it, but I guess that's a sign he's ready for kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment