Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 16 (August 5)

Another calm day spent entirely at home...

It did start off with some excitement though.  I decided to put Snoh in the bath this morning, since I'm home anyway and we always fight to have him in bed by 8:30pm.  I told him he needed to play until I came to help him get soap to wash his body.  Meanwhile I was feeding Lilli.  Probably 2 minutes later, he came out to the dining room wrapped in his towel, saying that I let his bath water get too cold and asking for spaghettios for breakfast.  When I told him no, he lowered his head, told me he's sad and left.  I assumed he went to his room like he always does when he has a feeling (he goes there when he's angry, upset, mad, sad...) but as Marcel was leaving for work and I was trying to throw away Lilli's diaper, I discovered that we had been completely locked out.  Snoh was not in there, but he had locked both doors to the bathroom and then closed the doors.  Marcel tried to fix it but didn't have time because of work.  I tried and was unsuccessful.  He told me, "I locked the doors because you were mean."  Was it about the spaghettios or the cold water that he chose?  Who knows but we spent the entire day with just 1 bathroom.  Later in the afternoon, he told me that he does it to mom too and they just call a guy that comes with a key to fix it so I just needed to call the guy. 

There was a lot of door slamming today as well when he'd run to his room with a feeling and no matter what I did he continued to slam doors.  Brother wasn't very excited about today's report and had a GREAT talk with him about being nice to people and treating their things nicely, etc.  It about made me cry listening in on their conversation.  Marcel is going to be a GREAT dad one day! 

Nothing much more exciting at our house today, except to say that he did get Spaghettios for lunch!  Oh, and tonight was leftovers for dinner because I got 10 strikes (we get strikes for kissing when it isn't allowed, and it turns out it isn't allowed to kiss him when Lilli is at our house) and he told me I didn't have to cook dinner!  How kind :)  He was so upset when the leftover spaghettios wasn't one of his choices for dinner!  At least he chose 2 types of fruit and a yogurt to go with his chicken nuggets.

1 comment:

  1. I've loved reading about Snoh's visit!! So funny :) You guys are definitely practiced up for kids of your own ;)

    ReplyDelete