Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 22 (August 11)

Not much excitement here today...

Brother mowed the grass this morning and Snoh had fun for a few minutes following behind him.  He was rather upset when brother sent him inside because it had started to rain.  He chose to have Trix for breakfast even though we were out of milk. 

After MaryBeth and Lilli had lunch they left for a girls-only shopping adventure.  Sounds fun, huh?  Well, it actually was so nice to get out alone (yes, I did bring Lilli, but since she's strapped in the seat and can't go anywhere it is a lot different than having Snoh with us!).  We went to Albertson's, Target, and Walmart.  Marcel laughed at me when I was bringing bags in and told him not to look in the Target bag because I started Christmas shopping for him.  I didn't mean to, but when you find something you just have to get it.  Plus the price was just right, which makes a gift even better on our budget!

I  returned to the boys playing Wii and found out that Snoh was trying to have both Spaghettios and Lasagne for lunch and when he was told that wasn't an option he was unhappy.  Brother made a compromise and said pick one to start with and when you finish that you can have some of the 2nd kind, so he enjoyed Spaghettios first and still had room for lasagne.

Dinner was homemade hamburger patties, french fries and corn on the cob, which has become Snoh's favorite here.  He wouldn't even let us start dinner until we said a prayer, holding hands of course.  He prayed for the food, our family and "that my mom will still come on the star day, maybe even the heart day".  (On the calendar we're looking at to see when mom is coming I put a star on Friday the 20th, but now it has changed to her coming on the 21st, so I made the first star into a heart and made a new star.  I told him that MaryBeth messed up and put a star on the wrong day, but he is still convinced Mom might surprise him and come on the heart day) I nearly put ketchup on my corn on the cob which disgusted me, but that's how he eats his corn and if he's eating it, he's eating it!

Snoh loved church again tonight and was very excited to show us his picture, teach me the new song he learned and tell me that like on Sunday he made new friends.  Today we were looking at the pictures I finally uploaded to facebook and he saw that I had taken a picture of his ladybug drawing from Sunday School.  He said, "I did that in my 5 year old class."  And I told him, yes at Sunday School.  He out-smarted me and said, "It's called Sunday and Wednesday school."  How could I argue with that?

1 comment:

  1. the 10K that I will be running is in Kuna, it is called the High speed persuit, next to the prison. It will be held on OCT. 23. This race also has a 1/2 marathon!! GOOD luck with that I hope you have been training that seems really hard. I will see how well I do with 6.1 miles and then I will think about doing a half!! Besdies 6.1 miles is half of a half martahton

    ReplyDelete