Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 18 (August 7)

After breakfast, we all enjoyed Alvin & the Chipmunks again and he was very excited to show us his dance moves through the entire movie!  We then made good on our promise to join him in running through the sprinklers.  I'd say he had fun but he still wasn't the most excited about actually getting wet from the sprinklers.  We did finally get out the water guns Wende Lady bought for us so long ago (in June!) and had fun getting each other.  I didn't like it when Snoh and Marcel were on 1 team.  They were too good!

We enjoyed more water time and washed our car in the driveway after that.  Snoh said he'd never done it before.  We're enjoying having him do so many things for the 1st time at our house.  I think that brother had a hard time letting it me a kid-washing at first, because he is such a perfectionist about washing the car but in the end it worked out (and turned out!) really well.

Then we had a trip to Famous Footwear and McDonald's planned.  Snoh was very upset that we went to FF first and was upset about having to get shoes for kindergarten because he just wanted a banana strawberry slurpee.  We told him if he was good picking out shoes we'd still be able to go to McD's.  Well, after him not being good and refusing to put his own shoes back on after many nice requests, Marcel told him No McD's and took him out of the store. 

Afterwards, Marcel told me I shouldn't have even paid for the shoes and we'd try again tomorrow, but the managers were expecting me today because I was using my employee number for FF (yes, I have an employee # because I'm technically working for my dad for the back to school season they just haven't gotten busy enough yet) without having my discount card.  Snoh cried through getting gas at Costco, the whole ride home and then still after getting home.  Most of what he was trying to say, I couldn't follow, but once we got home he asked if the policeman was going to come get him because he had been a bad boy.   So sad.  He asked for his slurpee a few more times but then he and Marcel went on a trash run to Wende Lady's house and that seemed to make him happy!

We're trying again tomorrow for our slurpees!

He loved the hose and getting to spray the car!

No comments:

Post a Comment