Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 29 (August 18)

Yet another very lazy day at home.  Nothing super exciting to report.  Oh, except that I found Marcel's missing phone.  I had forgotten it was missing, assuming it had made it to work with him, so I started laundry and once the load made it to the dryer it seemed really loud, like a tennis shoe had been in there.  After 10 minutes I couldn't take how loud it was so I stopped it and discovered the back case to his phone.  My mom instructed me to leave it in the sun to dry out which I did until Coco told me to put it in rice.  It was in rice overnight and the phone looked dried out so we tried to turn it on the next morning and Marcel has a DEAD phone.  I'm very glad it was just about 15 months into our married life before washing something not approved for washing & drying.  Here's to hoping it is another 15 months!

Snoh is getting very excited for his Mom to come stay the night at Brother's house.  At dinner, though, he said "I miss my mom, but I don't want to leave Brother's house because I'll miss brother and you too much."  Talk about making me want to cry, which I almost did because we've watched him grow up here and soon he's leaving.  When I asked him to go get his pajamas on, a few minutes later it seemed really quiet so I went to check on him.  He was just sitting on his bed next to the pajamas he picked out (probably the 1st time they've actually matched!) with a big grin on his face.  It was as if I had caught him being naughty.  No he just said, "I'm smiling because it is almost the star day" which is how I marked on the calendar when she'd be coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment