Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 19 (August 8)

Snoh got out of bed, found me in the bathroom and asked, "Where is brother?" to which I told him that brother was already at church.  He got very sad and said, "but today we get to try to get a slurpee again."  Oh he remembered!

As we were putting on lotion this morning, Snoh was looking at all our movies.  This is how our conversation went after that:

Snoh: Why don't you have any kid movies?
MB: Because me and brother are grown-ups.
Snoh: But grown-ups have kids of their own. You should have a baby.
MB: Why should we have a baby?
Snoh: Because you and brother love each other!

I guess if the 5 year thinks we should...just kidding, we're still NOT on the baby train yet!

Church went so good today for him.  He was greeted at the door by 2 teachers who were VERY happy to see him.  When I got there to pick him up he was sitting with all the other kids waiting for his turn to get picked up and the teacher told me how wonderful he is and how much they enjoy having him in class.  He also spent the ENTIRE day singing the songs he learned at Sunday School: Our God is an Awesome God & Everlasting God.  He only sung about 1, maybe 2, lines from each but it still warmed my heart to see how much he is getting out of Sunday School in just a short time!  Also, he has always come out of Sunday School saying the kids didn't want to be his friend or he couldn't remember who he played with, but as soon as I picked him up he said, "my friend's name was Andrew."  He told me that he didn't play with any other kids (boys or girls) because Andrew was "just too friendly" and that they got to play toy cars on a carpet that looked like a road!

We enjoyed a little bit of computer games and then watched Flushed Away, mainly because MaryBeth needed an excuse to lay on the couch!  After Brother got home from getting a flat tire fixed, we headed to McDonald's for our smoothies.  I'm very glad I decided to stick to what I like and not try the Wild Berry kind, because I had a sip of Marcel's and it was not good. 

Brother and Snoh read a few books before Marcel went back to church for a special Sunday night service.  Snoh played more in the backyard with his squirt guns.  We made pancakes and scrambled eggs together which required a major clean-up but it was worth it, especially since we had gotten so far behind on the cleaning!  He also said our prayer.  The first night he said "thank you for the food" because we told him we tell Jesus thank you for providing us food.  Last night his prayer had a few sentences!  It went like this, "Thank you Jesus for our food.  Thank you for toys to play with and for being healthy.  We pray MaryBeth's friends come back to play. Amen."

I asked who MaryBeth's friends were, and here again is our conversation
Snoh: They are Hannah+Matt (which is said like one long name) and Emily.
MB: Those are my sisters.
Snoh: But they are your friends too.  Brother is my brother but we're friends.
MB:  You are right they are my friends.
Snoh: When are they coming back?
MB: You might get to see Emily when your mom is here, but Hannah lives very far away.
Snoh: Well, what is her exit?  We can find it.

I then told him that if we leave for Hannah's house on Monday we won't get there until Tuesday, and it didn't seem to sink in how long of a car ride that is even though he wasn't a big fan of our 7 hour drive to Idaho!

Snoh told me "the teacher didn't even have to tell me what color to color my ladybug."
Storytime with Brother
I should have waited for 1 minute to take the picture because Marcel only read the first page
Trying to catch up on some much needed cleaning
"Hi Mom, I made this new picture.  I'm glad I got to wash brother's car yesterday.  I'm so so happy and so so excited to dream about being in the sky.  The end."
Snoh just looked at all the new pictures with me and wanted to tell me what to type, hence above.  He took this picture by himself and I didn't even have to rotate it for it to face the right way!

No comments:

Post a Comment