Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to School

Marcel left just a few minutes ago for his last first day of class, as a student that is.  His program was so generous to give him the month of August off, which sounds lovely, except when you think they only go once a week anyway, so it wasn't too much of a break.  I guess the no homework thing is the nice part!  He has hated reading on facebook about everyone packing up to head back to school and not being able to do it too.  I told him he could if he felt like it but I was staying here :)  He reasoned his rearranging not only the living room, but also our bedroom and his corner of the hobby room, by saying "well it's like getting a new place like I've been doing at this time of year for the last years."

He gets to meet his pedagogy teacher tonight.  That's the guy (maybe girl, I don't really know) that is going to teach him specifically about teaching music.  He is STOKED to finally be in a class more directly focused on what he wants to do, but that doesn't mean he hasn't thoroughly enjoyed all the other general classes.

He only has 2 more months of classes before getting in a classroom to start student teaching.  He is in an elementary school from November 1st until whenever the school breaks for Christmas and then in an high school for the spring term. 

He's very excited for the schools he was placed in and I'm counting down until June to see him look so handsome in another cap & gown!  And for us to be able to spend a Thursday night together.  And to know where we are going to live.  We're 100% open to searching in all 50 states to find a job, because graduation means student loan payments which can't get paid without a job.  A job is very important!

Speaking of that, I'm still in search for a job.  A few months ago I was totally sold on trying to find a full-time job and give up Miss Lilli, but now it just about breaks my heart to think about not watching her anymore.  I have been very surprised about how much I've enjoyed her baby stage (I knew I could handle watching her, but I've always been a little afraid of babies!), but she is just about to the age I just absolutely love.  I can't give up now :) so I am now open to find a part-time job for the evenings.  Just something to make up the difference of Marcel not working as of November 1st. 

I'm off to do some shopping to help me feel better about being alone for the first time in quite awhile, at least with school being the reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment