Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Last Day

Yesterday was my last day as a 24 year old.  I grew quite fond of being 24.  It was a great year, but I've said that about all of them for the last 5 years at least!  23 may have been my all-time favorite though.  I had a great birthday weekend celebration at the beach with Marcel, then 3 days later we got engaged and a long 9 months later we were married...

Yesterday, I woke up as Marcel was getting ready for a short Saturday class.  After a small breakfast, I went on my last long run in my training.  I was only going to do 11 miles after last week and failing to do 11, but I ended up doing 12.  Just like the time I was only going to do 9 but ended up doing 10, yesterday stopping at 11 left me 1 mile to walk home.  While I have been especially cautious of giving myself cool-down time, 1 mile was too far!  I wanted to run!  I have never wanted to run like I did then, even though I had to get my butt up that MONSTER hill.  I spent 2:14:56 running, which I rounded to 2 hours 15 minutes to make it 11:15 miles.  Not too shabby for me!

Marcel and I then spent the afternoon with a lovely couple from church, Chad & Ruth.  Marcel happened to be their saving grace because he volunteered to start running the sound board as Ruth was just weeks away from having a baby and Chad had no one else on his team.  It was a great afternoon spent playing games they had never played before, which didn't stop Ruth from winning big time!

I then went to Famous Footwear for a night of work.  When I told my dad I'd take the shift I didn't realize it was the night of a BSU football game.  I wouldn't have said no simply to watch the game, but I should have known how dead the store was going to be.  Truly, after 6pm (kick-off) we had a small handful of people come in and made a lousy $100.  Not worth 2 employees being there.  Oh well, a paycheck is a paycheck to me, no matter how slow we were.  Plus, it was nice to be in jeans & a BSU t-shirt (not the normal dress code!)

No comments:

Post a Comment