Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Just Us

I just finished another post on my running and realized that I have posted about life in awhile, so here goes nothing!

We are BUSY!  Well, maybe I should say Marcel is busy.  He started school the first week of September and is enjoying his pedagogy class, especially since it is just him and his teacher in class.  He also also been spending a lot of time volunteering at Skyview High with the marching band.  That is the school for his primary student teaching, come January/February (dates haven't been finalized yet).  His mentor teacher and band advisor asked for his help because he is the lone guy to run marching band.  Marcel is LOVING it!  It is his dream.

It has been so fun for me to hear all the stories he has when he comes home about his future students.  Like how they didn't respect him as a teacher the first day until he played all the pieces for them, or how they get angry when he makes them practice the same little piece that everyone trips over, over and over but yet when they finally get to play the whole piece that same tricky piece goes so well and at the next practice they make suggestions of parts they need to go over.  I'm so giddy just thinking about how awesome he is as a teacher.  All his future students are so lucky to have him!


He is also subbing a fair amount.  Not as busy as he was last year, but last year he subbed at the end of the year, so he's understanding.  He also has observed at a different high school with his pedagogy teacher and has to get in 3 observation days in his secondary site (the one he does first) before November 1st.

Add in that he also runs sound and plays drums for church which require Wednesday night practices and of course Sunday morning commitments.

On to MaryBeth, the one with hardly anything to talk about...Still running (obviously, as you can see by the blog) and counting down until 10/10 when I can cross the finish lane.  Lilli still comes to my house for fun everyday.  We have so much fun together.  She's still not walking but her first birthday is right around the corner and I'm getting excited for it!  I'm still working at Famous Footwear with my dad on Monday nights.  Lilli goes home around 5pm and I leave for work around 7:30pm.  We usually work until 2am.  It makes for a long Tuesday but Lilli is scheduled here so I join in on 10am naptime.  It seems to be working quite well and it is a nice little extra money to help our budget.

I'm also looking into getting a part-time job during the holiday season, which means I need to go and get some applications this week.  We'll see what comes of that, but I'll have the time to do it more than just 6pm and later, because there are a few weeks around the holidays that I won't have Lilli.  Plus it is what I need to do for our family to help get us through this season of Marcel being in school.

Oh, and I'm just 5 days away from being 25 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment