Sunday, September 26, 2010

25 25 25

I've been pretty anxious about turning 25.  It is such a milestone birthday, and I'm feeling it even more than I did 16, 18 or 21.  Plus, Marcel says, "you're practically 50 now!"  His reasoning is that 25 rounds to thirty which clearly rounds to 50.  

I woke up to Marcel singing me happy birthday with a big glass of orange juice and a pancake!  If you don't know Marcel, me getting a pancake is celebration enough.  I love pancakes and tell him every time I make them that I could eat them for every meal.  But they are not his favorite, either to eat or to make.  So we made a deal that if I craved pancakes while I was pregnant he'd have no choice but to make them because that would be what my body needed to help the baby grow.  He did say, "I know you are not pregnant, but it is your birthday! 
He is VERY accurate in saying that we're not pregnant.  No Bailey Baby for us just yet.

We had a great time at church and finally used our free drink coupons to the coffee-shop.  I even officially registered for our Sisters group, the new Women's ministry which was so wonderful a few weeks ago when it debuted!  We stopped by a Redbox on the way home so that I didn't have to watch football all day,  but here we are still watching football, but only because it is the Cowboys which is the team I've grown up watching, because they are my mom's favorite!  It even looks like they might hold onto win the game!

After church I got to open my big present that I saw wrapped last night.  All I told Marcel I wanted was for him "to go into as many stores as it takes for you to be inspired by something that you know I'll like."  Very clear, huh?  Well, he majorly succeeded.  I got a 3 drawer storage bin for my scrapbooking stuff.  He noticed on his own that I had paper just in a pile under my crafting table because I didn't have a big enough drawer for my 12x12 paper.  He told me that he almost picked another bin until he realized it wasn't big enough.  He knew it was 12x12 paper, how he knew that I'm not sure but he did.  I also got 3 new sheets of paper, which are beautiful.  He may have just nominated himself to pick out all my new paper!  He did say, how come that paper is so expensive.  It was 30% off but still some of them were going to be over $1.  Do they have magical powers or design the pages by themselves or what?  I also got a gift card to go get a manicure and pedicure.  I'm thinking I might just get 2 pedicures :)

Marcel spent the afternoon going through his pile of stuff in an attempt to clean up our house and is now doing our huge pile of dishes.  We could really use a dishwasher but for now I just try to remember that we have dirty dishes because we had food to eat.  Some people don't even have that!

Marcel was so set all morning and afternoon that we had to get our car washed today because it had to be clean when we got to my mom's for dinner at 6pm, which he told me in a half-sleep state.  I didn't understand but I went with it.  And he told me that we had to get Blizzards even though there would be cake & ice cream at my mom's because we needed something just for us.  Off we went in our shiny car to Dairy Queen.  I instantly noticed that we knew the lady at the counter ordering food, but made no second thoughts about it.  Marcel then MADE me look at the book of cakes you can order and I said, "No I don't want Lightning McQueen, no not Hannah Montana...." then he turned me around and there was Megan, a best friend from high school.  I think that is when Marcel spilled the beans that my day was actually the surprise day at Dairy Queen.  There were so many wonderful families from our WONDERFUL home group there, with their girls who we love (and are going to babysit soon!), both my mom and dad, my cousin Joey & his family (their youngest and I share a birthday and just turned 1 today), Megan, Astin...just missing my sisters, oh and taking pictures!

After hanging out for a long time that went by super fast, my mom, Marcel & I went to Applebee's and enjoyed a delicious dinner, most of which I brought home.  After dinner, Marcel and I watched Amazing Race which premiered tonight.  We reminisced about how my birthday is prime for fall show premieres. On my 21st birthday, Gilmore Girls had the season premiere, my 22nd birthday Grey's Anatomy, and now my 25th and Amazing Race.  And probably my top 3 shows of all-time.  I also got to talk to Amy, who I miss dearly.  She is always full of entertaining stories and an hour on the phone goes by so quickly.  I love that our friendship is the kind you dream of having, the one where you could go months without talking and still pick up like you just talked yesterday.  I'm actually pretty lucky that all my closest friends and I are that way!

I had a great first day as a 25 year old, even though many people told me that 25 wasn't their favorite because it is so much pressure on being a real adult now!

1 comment: