Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cruise: NYC (Part 2)

After our time at the 9/11 Memorial, we took the subway to Rockefeller Center.  We rented some skates, which were more uncomfortable than anything I've ever worn.  We got rained on and towards the end of our session, there was starting to be puddles on the rink but we still had a blast.

I was very surprised about how little the rink seemed.  Everything else in NYC seemed so much bigger in real life, but not the skating rink.



I took this picture during one of our many stops to the bench where we tried to rest our feet (from the uncomfortable skates), which was really hard because we couldn't actually use the benches without sitting in rain puddles.

After skating, we walked to "Top of the Rock Observation Deck". That walk took us past: 
and the "Today" show.  Next time we are in New York, we'll be in the crowd hoping to see Matt & Ann!
We had yet to really master my new camera, so with our lack of photography skills, the rain, and the plastic guards around the building so you can't jump, our pictures didn't turn out very well.  
It was very cold and windy while we were up there, but I'm still glad we did it.  Maybe next time we won't go there in February :)

After we braved the tall building, we braved Times Square.  It was overwhelming to be surrounded by so many people and reaffirmed to me that I have absolutely NO desire to ever see the ball drop on New Year's Eve in person :)

I love this picture more now than the night Marcel took it...I'll explain in another post :)
We didn't ignore it!
We stopped by Starbucks for warm beverages
and saw Elmo!  Marcel wanted me to take a picture with him to give Lilli, but his red fur wasn't very clean.  I chose to stay far away from him.



At this point of our trip, we were professional subway takers.  I think it helped that we only ever rode the "E" train (sounds so New York to say that) and got off at the same place, but still I felt confident!

A street we passed after getting off the subway, walking to our hotel.  The real Nassau is much better
We're pooped!

No comments:

Post a Comment