Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gold Rush Tubing Hill

We've had plans to go tubing for one of our monthly dates for months now.  We had originally planned to go in January but with our serious lack of snow, the mountain wasn't open so we postponed it a few weeks.

We had an absolute blast!  We headed up to the mountain way before our tubing time in hopes of seeing Presley in her ski race, but we missed it, because I'm a slow dresser and they started early.  We enjoyed a long walk to the lodge for some hot chocolate.  Marcel loved the hot chocolate but I found it, ironically, too chocolatey!

We were even able to try out our new waterproof video camera.  Granted it wasn't completely under water like it will be when we are in the Bahamas, but it was nice to not have to worry about it getting a little wet from the snow.  When we bought the camera, the lady at Walmart told us it was good for video but took horrible pictures, so when these were the first 2 pictures I saw from it, I thought she was right:
 It is so nice to have a ride back up the hill :)

I started to get worried about our purchase, but then saw some other pictures that looked good to me, granted I have limited photography knowledge, and was once again pleased with our new little camera.  I decided that they were really only bad because the ride isn't very smooth!

Marcel waiting at the top of the hill

waiting at the tow line.

I just have to say that I absolutely love when people offer to take our picture.  We are quite professionals at doing it ourselves, and it is always awkward to ask someone, but it is nice to have a picture of more than just our heads :)
 together forever :)

In addition to taking pictures, we also recorded some of our trips down the hill.  We discovered that I'm not very good at recording (at least while holding onto Marcel's feet while spinning down a hill in a tube!)  Here's the best one, even if you have to see me the whole time:

After sledding, we went back to photographing ourselves.  There are quite a few good ones, but I think this is my favorite.

 I don't usually like/post pictures of just me, but after our pictures, I sat down on a mound of snow and Marcel took quite a few of me.  He is so artistic, using the sun to highlight my face.  He will be taking all the photos on our cruise!

Speaking of our cruise, we leave in 9 days and couldn't be more excited!  I can't wait to be COMPLETELY unplugged from everything, except spending wonderful, quality time with Marcel.

No comments:

Post a Comment