Thursday, February 23, 2012

Cruise: Nassau

Time for our last stop: Nassau!

We took these pictures from the ship while we were awaiting the green light to disembark.

When I had the camera, I took so many pictures of their plants.  Everything was so beautiful and very different from what we see.

Oh, and I thought we should have a picture of us that I took, because Marcel usually takes all of them.  Clearly there is a reason we let him be the photographer.  But I do like this picture because it shows the little bit of a sunburn that I got from the island.  We even wore sunscreen, but I just had weird gaps that never got any.

When we got off the boat, we had about 45 minutes until our shore excursion left.  We weren't missing this one, so we hung out on the dock. 

and had a mini photo-shoot

Marcel insisted on getting a picture of me by the boat so we could tell how big it really was.  I still don't think this picture does that; it was HUGE!

From the deck, this was the boardwalk to get into the city

We saw Atlantis and decided whenever we go back to the Bahamas, we'd definitely make a visit there.


We went snorkeling again, but this time had scooters that propelled us through the water. They were so handy, except the area they let us explore wasn't all the big.  We could have made more use of them on the island.

We saw just about the same type of fish

but swimming amongst this large school was my favorite!

This was our ride from the city to the snorkeling point

I love how much fun we have together!


At the end of snorkeling we took our picture.
Clearly this was right after taking off our masks.  I hadn't even taken the time to fix my hair!
Why do I have a beautiful ring around my face, but not Marcel?  No fair :)

We saw some interesting things on the ride back into town, including celebrity homes. I'm not sure these are the houses he was talking about, but our driver told us that Barry Bonds, Michael Jordan, and Oprah Winfrey all have houses on this particular part of the Bahamas.

I loved the gast station for the boats

At least wind-blown hair is cuter than wet-and-stuck-to-forehead hair

We saw:

The day after our wedding, we had a present opening party in our tiny little apartment.  As everyone was leaving, both my dad and grandpa told Marcel that "Yes, Dear" was a phrase that would never lead him astray.  We both loved seeing the "Yes, Dear" boat.

As long as I remember, I want to take a picture of a speed limit sign every place we travel

The popular, over-crowded beach of Nassau.  We passed it on our way to lunch and were going to stop there on our way back but on our walk, we found a less-crowded place.

This bent coconut tree was so fascinating to me

We had to play tourists

We asked the driver of our snorkeling boat where he would lunch and he told us the name of a place and how to get there.  We followed the path but must not have gone far enough.  The whole time we were in this restaurant we thought it was the right place, but I don't think it was.  Still it was really good, even if I wasn't expecting a whole chicken leg :)

Marcel had conch and fries.  Later, while at the straw market, a guy was trying to sell us a kid toy.  When we told him we didn't have kids, he told Marcel he better get some conch to eat.  Supposedly it's good for reproduction :)

We went back to the uncrowded beach after lunch so Marcel could take some pictures. This group of boys kept saying "he's taking my picture" even though he wasn't, so he had to :)

I brought these 2 rocks home as souvenirs.  The holes go all the way through.

Look at the water.  Even with how often you see blue water in the movies, it is so much different to see it in person.


We spent a good chunk of our afternoon strolling through the Straw Market.  I was hoping that they would have shoes/sandals for sale, like my absolute favorite sandals I got at a place like this in Mexico, but they didn't

We got coupons for free shots.  Marcel took both of them

We decided to head back to the cruise before we had to be back on board.  I felt guilty about not using our entire time off-board, but we were tired, hot, and ready to be off our feet. We made sure to get one more picture of us, in case the others hadn't turned out great.

There were cute shops inside on our way to the exit.

We waited in line to play tourist here again.

We didn't pass by this on our way into Nassau because of how our excursion guide took us, so I took this picture on our way out.  I am a little bummed about missing the 'E' but to get the whole word would have required testing my luck without causing a disturbance with security and we didn't want to miss the boat :)

We took our sweet little time going back down the boardwalk and took in a lot more of what there was to see.

but we didn't wait in line to have our picture taken here.  I am just as happy with this picture as I would be with us under it.

Our goodies of the day in Nassau:
Oh, and it should be noted that Marcel insisted on getting Jamaican rum.

We were greeted by another towel animal
(notice how I've never named the animals?  It's because we couldn't identify all of them)

We took advantage of being back on the boat early and found a comfy seat and read.  I told Marcel once we booked our trip that I planned on spending time sitting in the sun reading a book.  So glad we did

Adios, Nassau.  Until next time!


For dinner, I tried Creamy Bacon Carbonara.
I sent it back to the kitchen and requested a new entree

Marcel loved his salmon.
I didn't hate it!

And this picture shows me enjoying the best spaghetti I have ever had!

I had the best chocolate mousse

and made Marcel order flan so I could try it.  He ate it, but wished he would have had cheesecake instead.  I didn't like flan.

We went bowling during 2-for-1 hour.

Lucky for us, it was pretty smooth sailing

And somehow Marcel beat me.  I still don't understand how that happened.

After bowling, we saw another show in the theater, "Incanto"  It was Cirque-like, with climbing up hoops, ribbon, and such.  It was amazing!  We also went to the Perfect Couple Game Show, where Marcel took some pretty funny videos of the events.

No comments:

Post a Comment