Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where Did the Time Go?

This week has flown by. I was last at work on Friday and got off at 11am, so I nearly had 6 days off and I don't know what I have to show for it. It always seems to go that way. When I feel like I have all the time in the world and hope to get a lot done, I get absolutely nothing accomplished. Yet, when I'm running around crazy with a full plate, I always manage to get it all done, and then some.

I didn't completely waste away my week. Here look:
  • I vacuumed and dusted
  • I did the laundry
  • I researched recipes to add to my limited collection of dinner ideas
  • I cooked a dinner every night, except Sunday, when we were at my Dad's
  • I did ALL the dishes so Marcel could focus on his final
  • I started couponing--and saved 33% on our first trip--not as good as it could be, I realize, but I'm still proud of it!
  • I got food stamps--without much work, it is going to be a saving grace for us!
  • I FINALLY ordered wedding pictures; here's to hoping another 8 months don't go by before I get around to the honeymoon pictures
  • I reconciled our bank account--I just had an account with a case of ID fraud, so I'm going to try really hard to be more on top of this

It seemed like forever ago that I had actually posted something of importance, but this was honestly about all that was going on around the Bailey's house this week. Well, Marcel has been really busy with his final. He's already done with 1 class and for their final, they had to create a Life Map. Marcel chose to compose a song that shows why he chose to become a teacher through his life events. It turned out really good! I'm so proud of him and all the work he has been dedicating to doing really well at this whole grad school thing. He even turned in a resume to be a substitute teacher for Vallivue, and now has a whole packet to complete over the weekend. Here's to hoping it turns up a good source of employment!

No comments:

Post a Comment