Tuesday, February 2, 2010

As of Late

Last Saturday, Marcel cooked dinner. He went all out: steak with sauteed peppers and onions and homemade french fries. It was delicious! Nothing out of the ordinary for Marcel to make a delicious dinner, but about halfway through he said, "I'm surprised you aren't trying to take pictures of this." As you can see I did then get out my camera. He was very proud of the kitchen management skills for the dinner, 3 pans on the stovetop at once!

My personal chef
Sunday, on our way to church...
if I REALLY would have looked at this picture on the camera, we would have taken a second!
Sunday, we woke up to this in our yard. I'm really done with the snow and ready to start wearing less layers, but more importantly: flip-flops! Marcel went out early to have the windows scraped and the car warm, and I found this on our camera. He is so artistic sometimes.


In other news: Marcel got his application, etc. turned into the Vallivue School District today to be a substitute teacher. He should be in the system tomorrow morning, so he can start subbing as early as Thursday, as long as there are classrooms with an opening. It will be a great addition to my lousy income from Banana. I actually make somewhat decent money since they kept me at my wage from Oregon, which is much higher than Idaho's minimum wage, but working 5-10 hours a week doesn't go very far to cover bills. Better news is that I may be able to start watching a baby in my house full-time. A lady that works with my mom needs a new babysitter for her 4 month old. She's calling me tomorrow so I'll know more then (including what they can pay me), but it would require me to cut back my availability at Banana drastically, but a steady income is VERY needed right now! Enough with the money talk...
We still are thoroughly enjoying spending so much time together. We just started the month with trying to do something fun each day, instead of just watching TV, killing our brains with the internet. It will honestly be renting a redbox movie for a lot of our fun days, because I have coupons for 20 free movies and that fits our budget :) but it still gets us out of the house for a bit to pick the movie! We just realized that the days of having so much time together are going to end sooner or later, and who knows when we'll have another chance like this one (I'm guessing retirement!) so we don't to look back in a few months and regret all the time we did have together and didn't use. It is such an awesome feeling to be so connected emotionally and spiritually with your spouse. I am one very lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment