Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day Weekend

We haven't even reached Valentine's Day for real, but it has already been celebrated in our house. Working at Banana Republic makes it very difficult to make any plans for Sundays since we get our schedule for the new week Thursday night. Instead of just hoping I wasn't going to be scheduled, we were proactive and went out last night, since I'm always working in the mornings on week days.

We had dinner at TGI Friday's and even splurged on dessert! Then we went to see Valentine's Day. All Friday I was seeing links online for the bad reviews of the movies, but I didn't read them as to stay optimistic. It worked, because we both enjoyed it. Such a good movie; totally worth saving our movie passes from Christmas, as to make this holiday as budget friendly as possible :)

Like has become our tradition, there are no pictures of us out for the night, but we took some when we got home...
I look a bit ghostly, so we relocated...

My sister says our heads touch in every picture we take, but after 3 attempts at a decent picture with acceptable lighting the only one I like is the one with our heads touching, so I'm standing up for us taking pictures this way :)

This morning, we went to church for a Ministry 101 session. We feel that we've found the church God has called us to so we are hoping to get involved. How else do you feel connected in a church of 1200+ people? Marcel signed up for worship team as well as being an A/V guy, and I walked away from it wanting to pray about where to serve. Here are some pictures I made Marcel take with me as we were walking out the door
Marcel was whisteling so there was a few more rounds...
We will be back in church tomorrow morning. We are very excited for the message, "Having the Marriage You've Always Dreamed Of." I've heard many sermons on marriage in my adult life, but none since being married, so I'm very excited to see what we can take away from the pastor and his wife's message after being married 28 years.
PS: I've never really been too against or overly for Valentine's Day, but was very excited for our first Valentine's Day as husband and wife. We did have a great day/weekend, but I still prefer the dates we go on just because we want to and showing each other love when we want to and how we want to, instead of society telling us when and how. It is a pretty silly excuse of a holiday if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment