Friday, January 15, 2010

All Alone

This morning, Marcel woke me up at 4:30am so that I could take him to the airport. He is flying to Portland to attend the Oregon Music Educators Conference with the group from Pacific and we're both very grateful for the opportunity. I've heard from lots of people that MAT programs are not very good at preparing music teachers, so any chance he has to learn about teaching music, I'm going to make sure he can take it.

That, however, has left me all alone for the weekend, for the first time since moving here. It is weird being in a new place (nevermind that I have lived here before!) hearing weird sounds due to a crazy wind storm and being alone. Over the last 2 days I have been compiling a very long to-do list for myself so that I wouldn't go crazy just watching tv and surfing the internet 4 days straight, waiting for Monday at 5:20pm so I can go pick him up. Well, that list has already served it's purpose. The only thing I didn't cross off today was "scrapbook". I did do a lot of scrapbooking but I know that I'll be doing more of it over the next few days. Guess it wasn't that long afterall!

Marcel reminded me that for all the time we've had together since moving here it will be good for us to spend sometime apart (we both really do believe that distance makes the heart grow fonder), but I think he has the better end of the deal :) I really do like having MaryBeth time, but I like it a lot more when it is just for a few hours, not a few days!
Here's to spending a few more nights trying to fall asleep in a giant bed without someone right beside me...

No comments:

Post a Comment