Friday, January 22, 2010

My Side of the Bed...or yours?

This week we reached a conclusion about something in our house:

MaryBeth sleeps on the left and Marcel sleeps on the right side of the bed

When we were dating and engaged, there were plenty of sleepovers and we were so excited to say that we could sleep on either side of the bed.

Then we got married, and I said that I didn't want to become one of those married couples that has sides of the bed. But, how we slept in our bed in Oregon is the same as it is here in Idaho.

Something else you should know--MaryBeth does NOT share the bed or the blankets fairly, but we seem to make it work :)

The cause for our discovery:
A few days ago I was pretty sick. After doing absolutely nothing (which is quite a bit less than my normal amount of nothing!) all day, I made Marcel trade me sides of the bed so that I could be closer to our bathroom. I did that for 2 nights because of sickness and last night sort of just out of a new-found habit. Well, after the 2nd night, when I woke up for work (and yes the thought had crossed my mind to call in sick, but that's not quite in the budget), I asked Marcel if he head-butted me in the head in his sleep. He said, "no, but I did hit you with my elbow. It woke me up but you slept through it." Well I knew he did head-butt me as well because that woke me up, but not him! When I returned from work, Marcel said in a more awake state of mind that he had hit me because he is used to being able to roll in that specific direction, since it is in the quarter of the bed that I share!

Today, after 3 nights of being on the wrong-side of the bed, I woke up and found a bump on my forehead, where I was head-butted. I have yet to find any evidence of being elbowed and I'm quite okay with that :)

Through all of this we have learned that MaryBeth must sleep on the left, and Marcel on the right, and in cases of future illnesses, we may CONSIDER switching it up for the night!

PS--And in case you were wondering, those sleep-overs we had before being married, well upon further reflection, turns out we did have sides of the bed then too!

No comments:

Post a Comment