Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Zing Zang Zoom

Last week Marcel asked me if I had any plans Saturday which I did. I intended on spending the whole afternoon to myself since he was driving a school club to Portland as a way to earn us a little extra money. Well, he changed those plans by buying us tickets to the Ringling Brothers circus stop in Portland. Turns out he was driving them to a place one bus stop away from the circus and I'd be off work in plenty of time to take the MAX into Portland. I had been hinting about wanting to go ever since the gym had flyers for discounted tickets (good thing I work with those little kiddos) but didn't think any of the times would work out.

I have no idea the last time I was at the circus and neither did my mom--I called to ask her! We had a great time even if we spent the first 30 minutes at the top of the section waiting for the ushers to figure out why our seats had been sold twice. Turns out we had to move (as did the whole row in front of us). Marcel didn't necessarily like our new seats but I have to say I think they were a bit better (not as close to the floor but more at center ring)

Marcel mainly recorded videos but I don't want to upload them now, maybe another day, so here's his fantastic photography skills, yet again!

Pre-circus everyone had a chance to meet some clowns
my "clown"
Marcel said she wasn't a real clown, hence the picture below
my clown for real this time


the elephants were my favorite


Marcel made sure I knew this was no photo trick
the guy is really standing untder the elephant's trunk


Enjoying a great day together

Afterwards, I surprised Marcel by suggesting we ride the new MAX line--the Green line to Clackamas. I have no idea what his desire to do it was all about but he had been begging us to do it so what better time than when we already had MAX tickets. We rode it to the end which was the the Clackamas Mall, we walked around the mall, ate at the food court and then headed back to Forest Grove. He's strange, but I love him anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment