Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oregon Coast Aquarium

For Labor Day weekend, my mom and stepdad always head to the Oregon Coast (last year it was a month late and came just a few days after our proposal so they were here to celebrate with us!) and luckily enough we were able to meet up with them.

We met them in Newport, a beach I had never been to since it is about 3 hours from Forest Grove, and went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. It was really cool and the main exhibit was "ODDWATER" so they had plenty of very strange animals there. We then went shopping at the Outlet Mall but only had time to make it through Old Navy before closing time, but I got the outlet discount plus my 25% employee discount, so it was nice saving 65%! Next we met up with my aunt and uncle in Pacific City (where we spent the weekend for my birthday last year) for dinner. Overall it was a great way to spend yet another one of my full days off. Seems since I posted that I never get them I've been getting more and more ;)



with the coolest bird we saw



in a tunnel that allowed fish to swim all around us


my vote for the oddest animal we saw
it was so human-like it was scary



He waited very patiently to play like the other kids


And if there is a silly picture of Marcel I guess it is only fair there is one of me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment