Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Seasons Are Changing

Yet another quick post...I'm not borrowing internet from the laundromat, but instead from Pacific University, so it is fast enough not to drive me crazy!

My favorite season is fall. I love the weather, even with the Oregon rain I've come to love, and I love the colors of the trees, but by far my favorite thing about fall is: stepping on leaves and hearing the crackle under my shoes. Marcel laughs about this, because I'll go out of my way to step on a leaf and am quite disappointed if the crackle doesn't satisfy me. Today on my way to check our mail (which is something else that brings me great joy every day!) I found one leaf on the ground and I did in fact walk a bit crooked in hopes it would have that awesome sound to it. To my great surprise it crackled! It let me know that fall is quickly approaching, which I can't wait for after the long and miserably hot summer we've had.

I was looking for a new blog background because I do like to mix it up every once in awhile and this one was entitled "Crackling Leaves" and although it isn't my favorite background in the world, it seemed just right after the morning I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment