Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hagg Lake

August 1st, we spent the day at the beach, because by some crazy miracle I wasn't scheduled at either job and we wondered when we'd have another chance to spend a whole day together. Just 17 days later I had another day off, not by a miracle, rather because I switched some shifts around to have a full day off. In just 24 more days, I don't have one day off, I have 2 whole days off! I did request them off but we have no plans but to be together and celebrate my 24th birthday :)

With our approaching move in December, we have decided to squeeze in as much Forest Grove as we can handle in the next 4 months. This started with a day at the local lake: Hagg Lake. I had been there once a year every year I was in college because Orientation had that as an activity, but until this visit I had never been in the water. It is very muddy at the beginning of wading in and was gross enough to make me not want to continue, but with Marcel's help we made it out to beautiful water and enjoyed about an hour just floating on his inflatable shark and catching up (we went a few days after he had spent a few days with his mom and brother). It was a great date and the start of great Forest Grove experiences!!

We only took pictures once we drove around the entire lake and found an awesome pier I'd never seen before...Marcel's handiwork, of course!
the pier
in love at the lake
Marcel's best artsy photo of the trip

No comments:

Post a Comment