Friday, July 30, 2010

Days 7, 8, 9 (July 27, 28, 29)

Tuesday (July 27th)
Today was Emily's last day here because she had to go back home for work.  We went swimming with Lilli and had a great time.  A calm afternoon at Wende Lady's house followed by dinner and our baseball game, during which Snoh entertained himself yet again by being the photographer.
Don't know if Lilli looks happy here, but she LOVES the water
Suntanning like Emily
Just had to add this one, because I have many pictures like this.  Either upside down or sideways
Sisters playing ball together.  May have been the first time, since we're 4 years apart.
**After getting my new phone and trying to erase all information from my old phone I found a text message I sent to my mom about Snoh from July 27th.  This is what it said, "Quote of the day: I don't know if I can beat this guy.  He looks tough.  He's brown like me!"  Also on this day, Snoh got dressed entirely on his own and asked me if his socks were on the right feet.  A child after my own heart!

Wednesday (July 28th)
Today we all headed to Steve's house (my dad).  Snoh got to play Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii and jump on the trampoline before we went to lunch, where he of course ordered a cheeseburger with ketchup only.  When we got back to Steve's he rode on a scooter and even took a few crashes, one of which caused a bleeding scratch on his knee.  Each time, though, he did get right back up and straight back to the scooter.  Even though he told me that he didn't like sidewalk chalk, he drew Hannah and Matt with it.  He even took a few basketball shots before it was time to get home to meet Lilli's mom.  Then we went to Wende Lady's house for dinner and yet another baseball game!

Enjoying a quiet morning at home
Hannah drawn by Snoh
Matt drawn by Snoh, notice his white baseball hat
Enjoying a scooter ride

Thursday (July 29)
The morning started with Marcel and Snoh getting haircuts.  Marcel combed out Snoh's hair while I cut his.  We gave Snoh the choice of who was going to cut it and thankfully for me, he chose Marcel.  He did pretty good while the guard was on the clippers, but once it wasn't things turned south.  He couldn't sit still, he cried like I've never seen him cry and kept saying "you're hurting me, you're hurting me."  It did eventually get finished and then after much convincing he got into the shower with Marcel to get the hair off so he didn't itch.  We all went into Boise and had lunch at Panda Express, because Hannah and Matt don't have it in Kansas.  Snoh's fortune was about not taking shortcuts in life and he loved it because he talks about shortcuts everytime we're in the car.  But once we got in the car to leave and he asked Hannah if she was taking a shortcut to the store and she said yes he would say, "but my page said no shortcuts."  So after that we took a "long way shortcut" because that didn't break the fortune!  We went to Hobby Lobby and got decorations for Hannah and Matt's wedding (August 5, 2011), which was very fun. Then we went to Other Mothers & Kidz Again and Wende Lady bought Snoh some more "clothes for kindergarten" even though most of them will probably get worn while he's still here.  Just Snoh and I went to our baseball game and he did great staying in his seat in the dugout the whole game.  The game didn't go very well for us but we still ended up in 3rd place and Snoh got to stay up super late as we went to Red Robin with some of our team afterwards.  We got some ice cream for his reward for letting Marcel cut his hair.
Look Mom.  I got my hair cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment