Tuesday, July 13, 2010

We're Getting Excited

We are going to Washington early Friday morning for Marcel's family reunion.  He says I have to stop saying that because its our family, but I still think it is important to say which family is getting together.  Tomorrow I'll be doing our overdue laundry and will spend Thursday packing everything we need for a long weekend trip, including our share of the potluck food that I've been slowly buying when I find it on sale and have a coupon to match :)  We are even going to make a quick stop in Oregon to visit with some old friends. 

While that is all going to be very exciting, we are very excited for this one thing:  Snoh, Marcel's 5 year old brother, is coming back to Idaho with us!  He's going to be here from July 21 until August 20 when Marcel's mom is coming to visit us for a weekend (or so) before taking Snoh back home.    We have been making a list of things to do with him while he's here.  It didn't start as a month visit, but that's what it has come to and we're okay with it!  Marcel moved his drums out of our 2nd bedroom and we're getting an extra mattress from my mom so he'll even have a bedroom while he's here.

Whenever Marcel and I talk about us being able to move anywhere he can find a teaching job, it always turns to him saying, "I need to be a part of my brother's life"  It's so hard for us because my sisters have already grown up together and while I do whole-heartedly wish we all lived closer we still have a great relationship and are friends just as much as we are sisters, but Marcel hasn't had the opportunity to form that relationship with his brother.  They are close undoubtedly, but with Snoh still only being 5, Marcel needs to be around or it won't last.  Needless to say, we are STOKED to have him with us for so long.  Oh, and even better is that Marcel's summer job ends August 7th, so they'll have plenty of time to spend being brothers!

One of my favorite wedding reception pictures!
Snoh was the entertainment at our reception and danced up a storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment