Friday, May 14, 2010

Random Updates

A random post with random pictures I've taken so far this month...

May 1st, I saw this outside the window while I was doing the dishes. It was a complete double rainbow! I had never seen 2 full rainbows like that. It was beautiful and it almost made doing the dishes worth it. I have recently decided that doing the dishes is my most detested chore of them all, and I do just about all of them. I decided even before starting to watch baby at my house, that if doing the chores allowed Marcel time to focus on his homework during the evenings after working all day, it is what I should do. It seems to be really working for us (he finished his first semester with a 4.0), and it makes it even more special when he surprises me by doing something I was expecting to have to do later.

I admit it: I am fully on the couponing bandwagon! I love it ;) I read coupon blogs a few times everyday, and always get signed up for samples to be mailed to my house. I now have a little box for all of them and am excited to use them for various things. This was the last trip I took a picture of. I was at Albertson's (with doublers), Walgreens and Target. I spent $14.07, which is more than I like to spend in a trip, but just the 4 body washes should have been $12! I love that it has sort of become my hobby, which sounds funny, but it does keep me occupied!


One day, Marcel got home from teaching and took baby into help him play drums. I thought it was so cute and had to take a picture. I think the look on her face just about says it all even though she seemed to actually be enjoying herself. Her mom was just saying the other day how I'm going to see all her "firsts" and wanted to have a video camera here, so now I'm trying to take pictures/videos to give them. This will definitely be in there!

I love the decoration you see there...I made it for Marcel in October 2007 on one of his old drum-heads. That was just about the time we had started FAEA: Forever And Ever Always, which I still use to sign all the cards/notes/emails I send him!

We got this a few days ago from Marcel's little brother, Snoh, who just turned 5 years old. He'll be starting kindergarten in the fall, but already has a great grasp on his letters! I love his "R" :) And we did get a little laugh out of "I like you"


And again, with baby. I had her on the blanket while I was doing the dishes and she made it under the chair on her back and loved the tab on the zipper of Marcel's jacket. When it was time for me to eat lunch, I moved her back to the blanket and a few seconds later she had rolled back over to play with his jacket. She seemed a little frustrated that she got there on her stomach and wasn't able to play with it again. No worries, though, because she had managed to bring a toy along on her journey. Next thing I knew she was asleep! It was a big milestone for us. Before this nap she had just recently sleeping out of the swing and still only fell asleep while being fed a bottle. And the blanket is all bunched up because she discovered it was light enough to pull on to bring the toys that I purposely put out of her reach close enough to play with. Pretty darn cute, this little girl is! It isn't working as birth control for me, like my aunt just asked me a few days ago, in fact it really leaves me with desire to be a mom, but for now this is as close as I'm getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment