Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Just Have To Brag

Marcel is at school right now, sitting in his first class of a new semester. He's not particularly thrilled to learn about "language & literacy" but I know he'll do just fine...

Now on to why I'm posting:
Last Thursday I had just gotten into bed as Marcel was getting home from school. He was so excited about something, it was kinda strange! But he pulled out some papers to show me. They were the two ruberics for his big projects in his last class of first semester. I wish I had a scanner to put the pictures up, but I don't so I'll suffice to just typing her notes:

PROJECT 1: Teach a lesson from your specialty
*The lesson you chose to teach is the BEST I've ever seen. Well done sir!

PROJECT 2: Lesson-planning toolkits--binders of information regarding your specialty that will be used to make lesson plans
*Marcel, not even sure where to begin. These two portfolios are an excellent representation of where your knowledge, heart & passion stem. You seek collaborative support...I noted many entries pulled from a variety of sources. Excellent that's what teaching is. You have a gift. You also have a very firm foundation that defines a clear framework to be taken into your teaching field. Marcel, I am pleased and impressed by your work. Please do not take offense to this next sentence, as it is intended as a praise: You shine tremendously in the big things--teaching and culminating projects. You have a transparency that is second to none. You also gave your wife credit for helping?! :) Well take her on a cofee date. She is a gem! Marcel, I commend you on exemplary toolkits :)

I helped only by lending my awesome hole-punching abilities and designing front covers for his binders so that they were better than just listing his name! And he did take me out on a coffee date, only because we have a gift card still from Christmas, otherwise it would have been out of our budget!

One more thing, I think he is still waiting on the final grade from the class where he received that AWESOME feedback, but if he gets an "A" like I'm expecting he will, he will have finished first semester with a 4.0! To be working full-time and still doing so great at school is hard work. I'm so proud of everything he is accomplishing!

Also, he has his student teaching placements. He'll start November 1st in a Vallivue district elementary school which is mostly observation and some teaching, and after that he'll be at a Nampa district high school for his main teaching of a band. We're both very excited for that to start and for his graduation in about a year, the date is yet to be determined!

1 comment:

  1. Go Marcel! I hope my professors are that nice next year. What a great boost to confidence. Yay!

    ReplyDelete