Monday, March 9, 2009

A Small Gesture That Spoke Volumes

I am fascinated with the show Jon & Kate Plus 8. I stay at Marcel's every Monday night, mainly because I don't work and he doesn't have late class (band classes keep him busy until 10pm), but the fact that he has cable and gets TLC is an added bonus. Every week after we watch House, which we both love, he sits with me and lets me watch Jon & Kate. I find it very entertaining to watch such a crazy situation run so organized--something I desire when we finally have kids :) Plus, it's true what they say: kids do say the craziest things and with 8 of them the show always makes me laugh. Oh, and Marcel really does enjoy the show he's even decided we'll have 3 then 7 to out-do them! (I say 3 the first time and we're done; no chance for the extra 7!)


Today as I was getting off work at 10am, I found the sweetest thing! Marcel sent me a text message that said, "I love you and hope work didn't come too soon this morning. Jon & Kate are on Oprah at 4."


Seems so simple, but it told me something:

Even something as simple as watching a commercial made him think of me and my needs, well maybe this is just a desire, but nonetheless he was thinking about me and keeping me happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment