Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Car Got Crashed

Today on my way to work at the gym, I got in a car accident. I was less than 2 minutes from work (driving time, of course!) and in the busiest part of my 30 minute drive from Forest Grove. I slowed down at a red light, like most people do, and next thing I know, I'm being hit from the back and pushed into the car in front of me. There was the "guilty" driver and 3 other cars involved, and I was #2 from the front. There were a few causes of the accident, from the mouth of him: 1) He wasn't in an area of town he knows well, 2) he thought there was more distance between the 2 lights where the incident occurred, 3) he got distracted by a parked semi truck that serves as an advertisement for a truck driving school. He told us he didn't even have time to hit the brakes before he hit the car behind me.

I didn't feel hurt there and told the firemen I was fine, and it really was the case, besides my shaky limbs I felt fine, but as I sat at work every minute that went by I could feel my neck getting more and more sore. I have ice on it as we speak and am going to the doctor in the morning to get checked up.


The damage is obviously more than $1500, so I not only have to deal with insurance companies and arrange a rental car (my car got towed from the scene--the person who was behind me got picked up by my co-worker so he gave me a ride to work), I have to complete a 7 page form from the Police Department. YUCK.

Here's the damage, just from the front!


It's from my phone, so I'm not sure what the quality of the picture is, but I think it shows pretty well what my car looks like now. The back isn't quite as bad but it gives the front a run for its money! I'll keep my blog updated with my condition, and the condition of my car, which in all likelihood will be totaled out.

No comments:

Post a Comment