Friday, March 27, 2009

And The Damage Is...

I got a call today from the guilty guy's insurance. They saw my car this morning and with the advice of the auto body shop, the damage exceeds the value of my car so it will be getting totaled out. They are going to let me know by Monday night what sort of check I'll be receiving.

His insurance still hasn't taken liability officially since I have not given my recorded statement, but my insurance agent said by them totaling out the car they are already proceeding like they have accepted liability, which is a good thing!

I'm very sad to think that my cherished Malibu is going to be transferred to a salvage yard in just a few days. It still seems too nice a car to be there. I have a rental car for now until we hear how much the car is worth and decide what to do with the money. Not sure what's happening next. I do know that I hope for myself and every person I know that there are no more accidents in our lives. It's a big stressful mess and no one was even hurt in this crazy accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment