Thursday, February 3, 2011

Girls Weekend in Portland

I was able to fly to Portland Thursday night and spend a wonderful night with Allison, Kelly and Kelly's family. 

We spent a little time at Pacific University, which was very weird.  Like my home away from home that really isn't that for me anymore.  It will still always have such a special place in my heart!

Kelly, Allison and I did a lot of walking around stores, to pass the time for Amy to be done with work.  Target, Best Buy, Sports Authority, Michael's, Old Navy, Barnes & Noble, which was the most fun!  That night we all went to Macaroni Grill and were unhappy to find the calorie counts printed next to each item. 

We enjoyed breakfast at Elmers, even with the worst waitress I've probably ever had.  We watched Inception and The Social Network.  Then Kelly went back to her parent's house for a birthday party and Amy, Allison & I went to Chipotle for dinner.  It was delicious, as always, and I ate way TOO much of it, as always.

Sunday, we went to the church we all went to together in college and were blessed to hear Phil Joel (old member of the Newsboys) speak.  He was fantastic and spoke the message straight to my heart.  We then spent some time cleaning up the house we stayed in (Amy was house-sitting and they agreed to letting us all stay there.  It was like a dream house, a house I'd love to have but realize is probably too grand for us!)

Monday, Kelly & I met up with Amy in Portland for lunch before I had to get on a plane.

Intermixed between all those activities, was plenty and plenty of girl talk, which we all so desperately needed and wanted.  It was such a simple weekend, but perfect just the same, as each time we get together it is like no time has passed and we pick up right where we left off!

Now to the pictures!
This is the 1 picture I took!  We were headed to Chipotle and decided since we were only going to pick it up, we didn't need to change out of pajama's, which we wore pretty much the entire weekend.  But the only shoes we all had were dressy ballet flats.  We got to Chipotle to find the parking lot very empty, which excited us, but as soon as we got out of the car, so did 5 other car loads of people.  I'm sure we got some very interesting looks, but we were gone as fast as we got there!

We did manage to get 1 group shot before we parted ways but it was on another camera and I don't have it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment