Monday, February 14, 2011

14 Days of LOVE

I was inspired by a friend (thanks Jenny!) to post one thing I love each day until Valentine's Day.

February 14
I love Valentine's Day!  I still think it is a pretty silly holiday, because people shouldn't need reminded to treat their loved ones extra special, but it is a good excuse to spoil Marcel!  It's nice to have a day where it is okay to be extra lovey-dovey and have a great date night.

February 13
I love flip-flops!  Yesterday it ws 61 degrees in Boise and I didn't wear flip-flops, but this morning I woke up and was so excited to have the chance again.  It was colder than yesterday but still warm enough that I made it to church in flip-flops.  Plus, I went a few days ago and finally redeemed the gift certificate Marcel got me for my birthday for a pedicure, so my toes are so pretty!  It just makes me so excited for warmer weather, when I can wear shorts & tank tops with my flip flops.

February 12
I love the present!  It seems we talk so much about the future: Marcel's graduation, our cruise, moving (if necessary) for a job, babies, etc... but I absolutely love where we are right now!  It's so wonderful to just be the two of us.  I wouldn't trade it for anything!

February 11
I love games & movies!  This morning, Marcel said, "let's stay home, do nothing except play games and watch movies."  It is such an awesome date night, especially since it's budget friendly.  It's just about having some dedicated time together!

February 10
I love kids!  Today, Lilli and I went to our church's "Mommy & Me" playday.  I had never seen Lilli interact with other kids.  They were all quite a bit older than her, but that didn't stop her from building blocks and playing balls with them.  She even made her very own valentine, which I know her mom will adore!  It also reminded me that kids are so honest and really do say the darnest things.  A little girl who's parents led our home group for church asked me, "When are you and Marcel going to have your own baby, not Lilli, so you can really be married?"  What a loaded question for a 4 year old!  And to think she thinks we're just pretend married for now since we're not mom & dad.

February 9
I love Sisters!  First, it means I love Emily and Hannah, just wish we didn't all live so far apart.  Secondly, I love my church's women's ministry: Sisters.  It is always such a great night of great fellowship and support.  I always leave the event refreshed and reassured of my many roles as a woman.

February 8
I love being healthy!  Today, Marcel is home sick and it reminds me that, in general, we're fairly healthy and I'm so glad for it.

February 7
I love Marcel!  It didn't really take 7 days, we just had a great day together today.  It is so wonderful to be married to your best friend and have him supporting you every step of the way.

February 6
I love coupons!  I'm headed to a friend's house shortly to teach her all things coupon.  We have been so blessed with how coupons have allowed us to stretch our budget.  But besides the food & toiletries, it also allows us to get cheap movie tickets, clothes and other entertainment.

February 5
I love marriage!  I spent time at a wedding show today and it is so consumeristic (is that a word?)  A wedding is fun, but over in a day, and what is truly important is the relationship you have with you spouse!

February 4
I love my mobility! I've spent the day with my sister, Emily, who is on crutches and wearing a brace from just below her hip to nearly her ankle after a skiing accident. She's realizing fast how much we take our legs for granted.

February 3
I love being able to pray! As Marcel and I started a marriage class at church last night, I was reminded of the fact that my marriage can only be as strong as my relationship with God, and that comes with spending time in His Word and through a great prayer life.

February 2
I love having a chance to sleep in! It was only until 8:30am, but it was still very enjoyable.

February 1
I love how helpful Lilli has become.  She helped me move all of the clothes from the washer to the dryer and then handed me all the clothes from the pile for the next load.  Granted, I could probably do it much faster without her help, but she wants to help!  And she gets so proud of herself when she's done and we start clapping for a job well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment