Wednesday, January 26, 2011

An Afternoon Spent at Petco

Today, Lilli and I met my mom for lunch at KFC/A&W.  I've always wondered if Lilli remembers my mom since there is often so much time between visits, but today it didn't matter.  She received such a warm greeting.  Lilli enjoyed plenty of french fries, but only after she dipped them in ranch, Wende's iced tea, NOT my lemonade and a chocolate pudding dessert, my mom just had to buy her, since she is in a far-off, very distant, way her grandbaby.

Then we headed to Old Navy to spend a $10 gift card I had and in a very unusual fashion after Lilli was out of the cart, she decided to walk on her own, as opposed to being carried.  She made it in front of PetCo and when the automatic door opened, she walked in like she'd done it a million times.  She found a cart just her size and began pushing it around.  She didn't not appreciate my hand on the silver pole helping to steer her, but I did it anyway because I'm the adult and I didn't want to cause any crashes :)


The first animal we found was a cage full of rats, and I really didn't know if she saw/noticed them, but she definitely saw the ferret in the next cage and didn't like it, which Marcel blamed on the fact that I don't like them.  Then we saw a huge display of books, (in the picture above) all of which had pictues of dogs on them, so Lilli began barking at them (She can tell you what a kitty cat, puppy, and cow says; when we read one of her books she moo's at the zebras, which I LOVE; and she's close to knowing monkey & snake even without the pictures from her books).  Then we saw a real-life dog and Lilli just froze, got super excited and blew kisses at it; she blows kisses when you say "I Love You" to her.  Guess she loved the dog.

She LOVED the fish, and enjoyed talking back to the singing birds.  She was also amazed by the turtles that would come up from out of the water, rest on a rock and then swim away.  I don't know how she feels about reptiles, because, while I can handle ferrets in a cage, reptiles and I aren't very good friends!

This was the first time around the store and only seconds before she was at the tank.  She wasn't afraid!
We had made it around the stores about 3 times, each time stopping by the adoption center and looking at the kitties, but the first 2 times they were all sleeping.  On our last visit the 2 in the bottom cages (just at her level!) we awake and sort-of interested in playing.  Lilli blew them plenty of kisses, and even gave them a few real kisses (through the cage and never getting all the way to the cage).  She waved hi and meowed at them, and stared at them as if in confusion as to why they weren't also meowing.


We had a great time getting out of the house and doing something fun!  We'll definitely be going back for more excitement :)

PS:  I used my phone to take these pictures so I could send them to Lilli's mom so I apologize for their poor quality.  I really need to remember to start using my real camera more often
PPS: I LOVE that I labeled this post "Jobs".  I was in fact working during this trip and I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful job!

No comments:

Post a Comment