Thursday, November 26, 2009

26

I noticed on Facebook a few days ago that people were posting something they were thankful for for each day of November, until Thanksgiving. I'm a bit late but figured I could still come up with at least 26, so here is my list:
  1. God--He has done more for me that I can ever begin to recall, but recently, he allowed me to meet my husband, he has provided for Marcel and I when things seem to be stacked against us, and of course, he loves us with His perfect love.
  2. Marcel--Today, we are 4 days shy of our 6 month mark of being husband and wife. While we have not had as much time together as either of us would like, at the end of the day we both know that we are there for each other 100%. Marcel has shown me more love these last 6 months than I could ever deserve. Getting up at 3:30am with me to have the car warm when I leave for a 4am shift, and making breakfast for me on days when I work at 5am, having the whole house cleaned when I get home because work has made me too tired to clean it myself, I could go on and on, but I am thankful to have him by my side
  3. Mom & Dad--People say you learn to respect your parents more once you become a parent, but I think just being married has given me a deeper respect for everything they do. Now that I am responsible for working, cooking, cleaning, paying bills and all the other grown up stuff, I see everything they did for me when I was young. Thank you!
  4. Emily & Hannah--I could not ask for better sisters. We may not talk often enough, but when we finally get a hold of each other (we are all living in different time zones!) we talk like no time has passed and can tell each other just about anything we feel. I hope that my kids will one day have that same relationship with their siblings.
  5. Marcel's family--So much of his family I feel I don't know well, or at all, and I may not be the closest to those I do know, but they made him who he is today and that alone makes me thankful!
  6. I Love You--These simple 3 words speak volumes. It doesn't matter if I was mad, sad, disappointed, frustrated, happy, overwhelmed or any other emotion, hearing I Love You will always bring a smile to my face and make my day a little brighter
  7. Our house--Every month, at the end of the month, when we are about to pay rent, I get worried wondering about where the $695 is going to come from (but see #1, because it always happens), and complain having such a big rent check to pay, but I am now trying to tell myself that we do have a place to live and for that I am thankful.
  8. Our car--There are times when our one car is far from enough to get me and Marcel everywhere we need to be at the time we need to be there, but with Marcel's flexibility we are able to make it work. Our Vibe gets me back and forth between 2 jobs with 2 very crazy schedules.
  9. Food--Marcel jokes that I have to eat every 2 hours and I get mad at him every time he says anything about it, but I have to admit that I can't go long between meals and we have always had something in the cupboard to fill that need.
  10. Employment--I don't know if there has been a day where I have not complained to Marcel about one thing or the other about one of my jobs or the other, but I am thankful for having a job when so many people around me don't.
  11. Education--I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to go to college and get a degree. If I am using it now or not, it is still something that can't be taken from me and is something that I will use, however God best sees fit.
  12. Future--With how greats things have been, I am thankful for the future God has in store for me. I pray now that I will try to be grateful for what I am given and when I am given it because I know things work out better when we trust in Him.
  13. Church--I was just saying today that I may not have been the most involved in my church, outside of Sunday School, but I still believe without the church experience no one would feel God move in their life the way He wants. I love Sonrise's mission statement/motto: A Safe Place to Hear a Life Changing Message. Everything you do hear at church is life changing, if you let it be.
  14. Friends--Although I am soon moving away from those friends of mine that I've grown closest to over the last 5+ years, I am thankful for that friendship and now that it will never end. I am excited for the opportunity to develop new friendships as our life leads onto a new chapter in our life.
  15. Health--I consider myself to be in good health, while I could be in better shape, overall I think I'm healthy and for that I'm thankful!
  16. Seasons--I love living in a place that has such great seasons. I love all of them and can't imagine living in a place that did not allow me to experience the whole spectrum of God's creation.
  17. Entertainment--Whether that be a good movie or a good TV show, I am thankful for the actors who are able to provide me that outlet. Maybe I watch a bit too much of it, but it is enjoyable nonetheless!
  18. Sleeping in--It doesn't happen nearly as much as I would like for how late I stay up almost every night, but the days where I am finally am to sleep in are heavenly to me, almost as heavenly as...
  19. No alarm clock--I think I would trade sleeping in if I could just simply wake up everyday when I wanted to. I feel so much at peace with my day when I chose when to wake up, instead of being told when to get up.
  20. Rainbows--They are beautiful just to look at, but knowing why there is a rainbow in the sky is so much more important. Every time I see a rainbow, I am thankful that God will take care of us each and everyday.
  21. Dave Ramsey--silly for some of you, but this man is guiding Marcel and I down the path to becoming debt-free. It will be the two of us doing all the hard work on the path, but he is showing us what path to take and I can't wait for the day when I owe no one money and Marcel and I can finally visit Australia! We have told ourselves when our student loans are entirely paid off we are going on a long vacation there
  22. Technology--nearly every day I am checking my email, on facebook, blog stalking, or searching for jobs, and I would not be able to do any of that without the internet and a computer. While sometimes it does make your life harder, most of the time it does nothing but make it easier.
  23. America--Things may not be going the best for our country right now, but overall this is a great place to live. I'm glad to be an American.
  24. Dishwashers--As I was talking to my mom this week, she reminded me that our house in Idaho is without a dishwasher and it made me so glad that I have had one the last 6 months. It helped with our hectic schedules to have clean dishes waiting for us!
  25. Photography--I thought I used to take a lot of pictures, but Marcel has taught me what it means to take pictures. He takes pictures of things I'd never think to and those are usually the ones that best capture the memories we're making. I enjoy scrapbooking and hope that soon I'll have time to get caught up enough on mine that I can start our wedding book, and to think that none of it would be possible without the picture.
  26. Life, in general--Everyday I feel frustrated by money, work, messes, just to name a few, but this Thanksgiving I am trying especially hard to find the good in everything, everyday. I am blessed!

1 comment:

  1. MB, I love you. Your faith and happiness and positivity are so inspiring. I'm so grateful for the summer of you and me and Josh when we got to become friends, and I'm grateful for blogs so I can keep up with you!

    ReplyDelete