Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Class of 2011

Marcel finally graduated from:
but the wonderful ceremony took place at the Jordan Ballroom on the Boise State University's campus. 

Marcel looked pretty pleased while walking into the ceremony.  Oh, and I have to add that I was very pleased Marcel walked behind the tallest guy in the ceremony.  It helped me get this great picture.

This is the lady (Dr. Moore) who helped to get Marcel and the rest of his class to this special day.  She is the director of the Boise campus and was the cohort leader this year.  T5 got very lucky!

The speaker was really good.  He made a few great points:
"You could spend your whole life making a living, but not making a life"

"E- Example

T-
H- Hope
I- Integrity
C- Christ-like character"
(I am bound and determined to find someone who remembers what the T stood for)

I don't know about Marcel or his classmates, but I was very sad when he told me that Dr. Moore wouldn't be giving out their diplomas, but it worked out wonderfully because she got to "hood" them:
 I also missed the photo op that they posed for the professional photographer, but we'll definitely be ordering it!

After the ceremony, it was time for photos!  

I told Marcel if nothing else happened, we were getting a picture of us with him in his cap, gown and hood, and a picture of us in our dress clothes.  It was a success, only the second one of us didn't make it to the blog!

Marcel's other 2 women through the program!
Sue (left) taught Marcel how to teach music and supervised him through his student teaching, and again Dr. Moore

 Marcel, his mom and little brother

Emily and Snoh

 Afterwards, we enjoyed delicious cake at the cake reception :)

I let Marcel open his gift from me before we headed to the party.  He was SO excited to finally own the complete series of The West Wing.  He had been bidding on it on ebay, but little did he know, I was saving all my amazon giftcards I earned through swagbucks to buy it for him.
 A few hours after graduation, we had a party for Marcel and I did horrible at taking pictures there, but I did get a picture of the cupcakes we made!  Emily & Mellissa helped to roll and tie all the diplomas, which was wonderful because me and my mom had plenty of stuff to cook/prepare.

After being at the party for awhile, Marcel changed and looked like this:

Marcel opened gifts at the party and got some really great stuff!

Lilli was so excited to see us (especially Marcel) on a day we don't normally see her.  She kept trying to give his card to Snoh, but finally got it to the right person.  She even colored it for him!

All weekend, Snoh asked when we would be going swimming, so after the party wrapped up they all decided the time was right!  It was cloudy and everyone who swam were freezing after getting in the water.

All in all, it was a fantastic weekend, full of celebrating Marcel's hard work and accomplishments. 

Now let our focus turn to job searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment