Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One Year

Marcel and I were so lucky to have had a 3 day weekend to celebrate our first anniversary. It was very eventful! Here are the highlights :)

Saturday, May 29th
  • Most of the day spent packing and loading a U-Haul for my sister--a sad part of the weekend but we're very happy for her and this new change
  • Going shopping for new running shoes and having Marcel so insistent on the splurge of our budget to support my dream of finishing a half-marathon
  • Buying new drinking glasses so that we can be done with our college hand-me-downs
  • Using a coupon at the liquor store--2 bottles for the price of 1 plus a penny!
Sunday, May 30rd The Big Day
  • Waking up at 7am to find Marcel out of bed and making me cinnamon rolls

    all that was left when I remembered to take a picture
  • Exchanging gifts--we didn't buy each other gifts so that we'd be able to do the fun stuff, so we each created a "Top 10" list of our first year. They both turned out really well and I'm excited to have something tangible to put into our scrapbook. Plus, I discovered that the "traditional" gift for a first anniversary is paper so we followed suit!
  • Church at 9:30am; good sermon, great worship and time spent at the altar receiving prayer over our marriage. I'm so lucky to have such a strong spiritual leader as my husband!
  • off to church we go
  • Arcade games at Wahooz and winning some pretty sweet prizes

    our awesome prizes with leftover tokens
  • Sex and the City 2 at the downtown Boise theater
  • don't know what happened with the lights, but I kinda like it. We also have a really dark picture but at least this one you can see our faces
  • Delicious drinks & appetizers in the Gamekeeper Lounge

  • Gross dinner at Papa Joe's that ended up with Marcel ordering a 4-shot coffee drink at 8:30pm. Even with mediocre food, the atmosphere was really nice
    our desserts: the cheesecake I turned into ice-cream trying to just eat the fruit out of it
  • 35 bites of our wedding cake--Marcel wanted to be done after 1 or 2 bites but I told him that we had to eat a bite for each year we wanted to spend together. Once we got to 35 we were feeling a sugar high and decided we'd have no choice but to have a vow renewal ceremony and freeze another cake and use that cake to get more years :)

    don't mind the picture of me, we didn't get around to the cake until about 11pm
    35 bites later
  • Spending the night in an awesome hotel room

    headed back to change before dinner

    the AWESOME coupons that came with our room

    our view
Monday, May 31st
  • Breakfast at the hotel = best french toast nearly ever, especially in Marcel's opinion

  • Swimming at 8am in the outdoor pool with very grey skies
  • 2 craft stores because my husband loves me that much & now I FINALLY have 12x12 paper to make our wedding album)
  • Lunch at Chili's for $1, thanks to courtesy money from my cousin and a leftover giftcard
  • New running jacket so we could go-kart, only the rain prevented that activity
Overall, we had an absolutely great weekend. I could not have asked for a better anniversary to go right along with not being able to ask for a better first year as Mrs. Marcel Bailey! Year #2 has started off wonderfully and is going to be filled with many exciting things like: a Bailey family reunion, Snoh staying with us for a few weeks, my 25th birthday, and Marcel's student teaching and graduation (graduation may technically be in year 3, the date hasn't been announced yet). I'm so lucky to have married the man I did! Here's to many more happy year and happy anniversary celebrations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment