Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Hardworking Husband

Today as I was cleaning the living room, I straightened up Marcel's pile of school stuff. It has a designated cubby under our coffee table, but I had never realized just how much work he does each week.


(his school cubby is where that paper is)
As you can tell, he has 6 books that he has been reading this week. He's currently enrolled in two classes, but is presenting his final today for 1 of them, but being done with that class will only remove the book on the bottom of this pile! The good thing about George Fox is that your books are included in our tuition so just about every week when he goes to class he come home with a handful of new books. He also has a designated shelf on our bookcase to store the ones that he is not currently using.

Finding this today made me realize how hard he is really working. On top of subbing about 3 days a week, he has homework like crazy to keep him plenty busy. Also, the night before I FINALLY put in my 2 weeks to Banana Republic, I told him that I hated working there. I understand that there will always be period where you don't feel like going to work, but I had gotten to the point where I dreaded it everytime. I started dreading it each night when I went to bed if I had to work in the morning. He said that he didn't want me to feel that way and insisted that I quit, even if it meant he'd have to work 5 days a week. He's just that supportive :) I'm a pretty lucky gal. Good thing for Marcel, I will be babysitting a 5 month old in our house starting March 22nd, so I won't be staying at home doing nothing while he is out working and then coming home to do homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment