Monday, March 15, 2010

Little Sister Is Growing UP!

Can't believe it has taken me this long to blog about this but our family got some big news last Sunday:

HANNAH IS ENGAGED!!
Hannah had been in town all week and we got up at 4am Sunday morning to take her to the airport for her to head back to Kansas. I got a phone call around 1:30pm, and Hannah said, "Guess what?" Well, I thought that Matt was late to pick her up because he had been joking all week that he might forget to pick her up. "I don't know, what Hannah?"..."Matt proposed to me!"
I got a little emotional and shed a tear or two (well, lets just be honest here, probably more like 100). I've never met Matt, but she seems so happy, so we're happy for her too!

Since she's been in Kansas, I have a hard time remembering how grown up she really is. It is hard for me to hear her telling me how to budget my money, or how The Love Dare would do wonders on my marriage, just like did for her and Matt when they read it. I realize I'm almost 25 so of course that means she's almost 20 (21 at her wedding on August 5th, 2011, as of now!) but I still picture and remember her as a much younger girl, like pre-teen!
Both pictures are stolen from her facebook!
The Burkdolls...to-be
Her ring on Matt's finger so that there could be a decent picture of it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment