Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

Christmas this year was super busy, since we had only been in Idaho for a few days, but like always it was a good day spent together. We spent the morning together doing our own Christmas, before heading to my mom's for Christmas and turkey lunch. Around dinner time, we headed to my dad's and had a delicious nacho bar before playing a few hours of Rock Band. No presents at dad's house until the next night at 5pm, when Cindy's girls got home. It was a bit rushed to eat dinner and do gifts that night since I had taken a shift at Banana Republic starting at 9pm, but we still had a great time. Marcel took pictures of that Christmas on Cindy's camera so I'll have to get those from her, but these are the pictures we have!
With the move so close to Christmas, we didn't decorate our Oregon house and thought it was silly to decorate this house so we (mainly Marcel) got super creative and hung lights over our lamp! I was so excited to decorate since it was our first married Christmas together and we got Christmas decorations/ornaments last year for Christmas and had Christmas lights like crazy from our wedding. Now we'll just have to wait for next year!

Not many pictures of just me on the blog, because I rarely like any of them, but this one I deemed decent enough for publishing. It was my reaction to our Christmas tree
in the kitchen Christmas morning, "making" breakfast

notice our delicious breakfast...nothing like Peanut Butter Captain Crunch! I love cereal every morning and Christmas is no exception :)

Marcel's QUEEN

Marcel got all clothes from me which I hated, but with our extremely small budget for the whole year and especially Christmas, I got him needed items: dress clothes for teaching. I liked this excited face the most!

Us and the tree!

Marcel wanted to head to my mom's in his pajamas but I made him dress up, just so we could take this picture. My mom and Don just moved into their new house and still managed to have such a pretty tree!

missing Hannah :(

they refused all weekend to take a decent picture together, but I guess finally Marcel won out....Emily & Matt, who are soon headed to Vegas & Arizona to watch BSU in the Fiesta Bowl
Marcel and I were spoiled like always, but some of our favorite gifts include: cartridges for my Cricut cutter (hopefully I'll get motivated to get creative), musical art for our hobby room, 5 sets of the china we registered for to finish out our collection at 8, Reba seasons 3 & 4, a Wii, and a TomTom...of course a few articles of clothing and socks were included in our stockings along with some movie tickets, Moxie Java gift certificates and tokens for a car wash!

2 comments:

  1. You crazy girl! Post those pictures away of your beautifulness!
    Where did your mom and Don move? I saw them with a trailer not too long ago and wondered who was moving!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they moved just down the street, still on Florida. They just needed a place of their own, away from all the grown kids that are still living at the other place!

    ReplyDelete