Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween

Our lives have been so busy that we nearly forgot about Halloween this year. I believe it was Monday night when we looked at our weekly calendar and realized we had made it to the week of Halloween and so we tried to find time to carve a pumpkin, deciding on Friday night, only to realize a few hours later that my crazy work schedule wouldn't allow it: I worked 4-7pm and then 8pm-2am. Plus Friday we went to Safeway for pumpkins and they had none. Between work last night I went to Fred Meyer and they had just a handful of very destroyed pumpkins. This led us to the decision of not having any this year. I'm very sad about today being Halloween and I'm not going to be carving a pumpkin this year. We have decided that our life will be a bit different and maybe the jobs we'll have in Idaho will allow a decent amount of time to spend together so we don't forget about holidays!

Speaking of Idaho, we're planning on being there in 7 weeks from today, which means I only have 6 more weeks of work! And the way they have both been going I am so excited to be so close to being on to bigger and better things, even if I'm not quite sure what they entails.

2 comments:

  1. I get really sad, too, when I feel like I can't celebrate holidays the way I'm used to. This year Ross and I just stayed in and watched Battlestar Galactica. But there's always next year. What's all this about moving to Idaho?! Where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haylie!! We're moving back to Caldwell (near Boise) where I grew up. My mom has an empty house that we're going to live in rent free to get our hands around our debt. We're moving in December!

    ReplyDelete