Tuesday, October 13, 2009

October...so far

The first weekend of this month, Marcel had a concert, actually 2! Both his symphonic and jazz bands played and his mom was able to come down. Marcel had promised Snoh that after the concert he could go on stage. He found plenty of percussion instruments to try his hand at before having to stage for some pictures. This was my favorite! It was a decent weekend except I worked (made sure to have the night off for the concert) and Snoh was sick all day Saturday.


Friday, Marcel had no school so I made a big sacrifice and took the day off from both jobs :) He did end up having to spend some hours in the theater for one of his classes, but our night plans were not affected. We went to: on Sauvie Island. We planned on going there since Marcel had never been to a corn maze, but he and his friends voted for the haunted version, which I told him does not count as being to a corn maze, since they pretty much force you through the maze--not many opportunities to get lost. Maybe next year, while we are living in Idaho, he can FINALLY experience a real maze.
A real bonus to the maze: We ran into my old friend Megan! When we were trapped in the room at the beginning learning all the rules, I leaned to Marcel and said, "It's Megan" to which he said, "No it's not", but in fact it was and we were able to go through the maze together and had a few minutes to catch up afterwards. What a great surprise!

We got to the maze before his friends did so we were able to spend some time in the market and
take some pictures on our own. This is what we ended up with:


(I would like to point out that the picture of Marcel isn't as good but it wasn't my fault--he changed the flash setting for me!)

Fall is finally upon us and while I had plenty of jackets, that did not keep my nose from being cold. Marcel was just very grateful I remembered some gloves, because I am not a very happy cold person. While we were dying in our apartment in the 90+ degree summer weather I thought I was ready for the cold, but I have since decided the only good thing about this season is the crunchy leaves I get to step on (oh, and how pretty the trees are) but the weather is stinky!
We are having a great month so far and are very excited for what fun could still be had in this month! We are getting ready for our big move in December and can't wait for what that will bring us!

No comments:

Post a Comment