Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Idaho Trip

Monday night, Marcel and I returned from a long weekend in Idaho, which his little brother tagged along on.

Marcel picked up his brother Wednesday night from Olympia and we were on the road Thursday after I worked a typical Thursday shift. The car ride went exceptionally well considering we were traveling with a 4 year old. He spent hours entertaining himself with my water bottle tied to my shoe. Friday, we spent the day at the water park and had a blast even though Snoh was too short for the big rides that he so desperately wanted to ride. The rest of the weekend he told everyone that he just wanted to be 5 so that he could ride the tunnel rides.

Sunday we had what Snoh called a "Princess Party". To the rest of us it was a Wedding Open House (Princess Party to him because in my dress I look like a princess). It was really nice to see so many people I hadn't seen for quite awhile. I wish we would have taken more pictures at the party (or any!) but we still had a great time.

Very early in the trip Snoh saw a picture of himself on my mom's computer from the last time he was in Idaho that reminded him of a pretty cool toy she has:

Snoh playing slots (December 2007)


Snoh playing slots (July 2009)

He also saw a picture of him in the tube on the sledding hill at Bogus Basin and wanted to go again. I'm not sure if he understood that there isn't snow on the hill in July, but we told him he could come back at Christmas time and we'd take him up the mountain. By December Marcel and I will be back living in Idaho!

The other pictures we took:
Snoh got himself stuck in between the door and the screen door. I felt a little bad making him wait until I took a picture, until he asked if he could do it again as soon as I got him rescued.



Marcel enjoyed some brotherly bonding when he took Snoh on a four-wheeler ride, which Snoh didn't want to do because it meant taking a break from a computer game
And, as always, the trip was about Snoh, which we expected when we decided to take him, so there isn't a single picture of me and Marcel, but we can deal with that as we're still going through our 1600+ wedding pictures! I'll post some next time I'm stealing internet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment