Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Heat Wave in Portland

Portland (and the entire Northwest) is experiencing a terrible heat wave this week. I thought we were going to be so lucky that it would occur while we were in Idaho, but no so luck.

We are back from vacation and roasting in our apartment with no air conditioning. Our fans can do nothing to overcome the heat. I'm going to spend my night at work trying to think of places me and Marcel can kill a few hours tonight so we don't experience a heat stroke--even last night at 11:00pm, it was still 85+ degrees.

Some things I'm not liking about the heat (besides the obvious no air conditioning)
**Even after being moved out from in front of the window, our candles are melting
**Instead of having to wait for the water to come out of the faucet warm, we have to wait for it to come out cold

We have decided that we will do all our laundry before the heat goes away because the sauna that our house has become will make for a perfect atmosphere to dry our clothes without having to run the dryer. Now if I could only stand to get some other housework done in the heat!

No comments:

Post a Comment