Sunday, November 7, 2010

My Prayer

Today Marcel played the drums at church, which means I sit all by myself during worship.  I'm used to it now, plus it makes me more grateful for the times we get to enjoy worship together.  After the first song, Pastor Ryan called the church elders and leadership team up to the altar to be available for our prayer requests, just like he does every week.

Without missing a beat, the little girl (I guess she was around 10, which is influenced by Marcel thinking she was 12) sitting in front of me, stood up, squeezed her way in front of her mom sitting in her chair, and went to an open couple to ask for prayer.  She came back and again took her place to join the congregation in corporate worship.

Worship was wonderful.  The sermon was touching as we plan for many upcoming opportunities to serve our community, but witnessing the faith of a young child was simply the most moving part of church today.

I pray that when God allows Marcel and I to be the earthly parents to some of His precious children, we will raise them in such a way that they have a faith in God as strong as I witnessed today.

No comments:

Post a Comment