Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Ready

Tonight is the night of the week that Marcel is at school. I used this opportunity to do all the last minute stuff for Marcel's birthday: wrapping gifts and finishing all the cards.

I am so happy with how the cards turned out and while I know Marcel himself is not very artsy/creative outside of music, I know that he'll appreciate the work and time I put into them. It had been a really long time since I had used my Cricut and I don't know why I'm not using it every single day--it's AMAZING! I just wish I was a little more creative to use it to its full potential.

Starting tomorrow, every morning through Monday (his actual birthday) he'll get that day's card which has 1 reason why I love him and the hint for that day's activity. There is also a gift for each day but he doesn't get that until we are in the midst of the assigned activity of the day.

Emily said "4 days worth? wow, you're nice" and I've always tried to do fun things for his birthday, but he's always trumps me. My birthday celebrations have always been better than the ones I planned for him. I'm secretly NOT hoping that this year it will will be different. While I'm very proud and excited for everything I planned and know that he'll love it, I'm turning 25 this year and think that is cause for a pretty big celebration!
The real reason for the post was to get some of the pictures and background explanations posted so when it comes time for the other posts they won't get too terribly long! Here's the first 2 pictures :)


my creativity, as limited as it may be

the gifts!

1 comment: