Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter & Updates

We didn't do anything too terribly exciting for Easter. We went to church together Saturday night, so I could enjoy sleeping in on Sunday morning, while Marcel got up to work the sound booth for the Sunday services. Saturday was our last day of fasting. I'm proud to say that we made it and did really good!

We had lunch at my mom's house and played a few card games before Marcel had some homework to finish. We did none of the "traditional" Easter stuff. We didn't dye eggs, we didn't make Easter baskets. I thought about making us some really fun baskets but time escaped me. Saturday night, though, Marcel did ask if he was going to have a basket and then put me in charge of the holiday traditional stuff like Easter baskets and Christmas stockings. Good thing I can do things without much notice, not!! I've been meaning to head to the stores this week and look for some clearance stuff for next year but haven't gotten that far. Maybe tonight. We have dyed eggs together before, but I think a lot of that stuff will be more fun when we have little ones to do it with, and again that's just not in the foreseeable future :)
(Nice little reminder, wasn't it?)

Like always, I did make Marcel pose for a picture, so it seemed like we did something on Easter. We only took one and I think it turned out decent...
UPDATES
I guess nothing to major to report here, it just feels like it has been forever since I've posted anything about what's going on here in Idaho. I'm in the middle of my 3rd week watching baby Lilli. I've had her just 4 days a week so far, but next week it will be all 5 days. I'm having a lot of fun, enjoying the practice for the FUTURE, and praying already that my children will be more scheduled than this little one! I've started to get a lot accomplished while she sleeps which is a huge blessing. It is so nice to have the housework done and dinner started when Marcel gets home from work so that we can have our evenings together without any of those distractions. Marcel has also really enjoyed having Lilli here. Even if he's gone most of the day working, she's still here when he gets home. He's going to be a great dad ONE DAY! I'd never seen him with babies, but he's wonderful :)
I've made it almost 8 weeks through the Couch to 5K running program. Since volleyball and softball in HIGH SCHOOL, I've always told myself and others that I hated running and that it hurt my knees too badly to do it. That was part true, but now I know it was just a really lame excuse ;) The program is actually 9 weeks, but since my sister (Emily) and I are running a 5K this Saturday, I skipped week 8 of running 28 minutes and went straight to week 9, running 30 minutes straight. It's been a major accomplishment for me. If you are unaware of the program, I'll just tell you that on week 1 you start running just 60 seconds at a time and back then I thought I'd die just doing that. I'm so proud of myself for this step I've made in my life. It feels so GREAT to be treating my body so well. Now I just need to tune up my eating habits a bit and I'll be all-around healthy. I am reminded almost daily by Marcel that I have a pretty big birthday approaching; I'll be 25 in September. I was trying to pretend like it doesn't freak me out, but it actually kinda does, so in honor of getting old, I'm going to run a half-marathon. I haven't looked into any dates yet, but just want to finish one while I'm 25! Marcel started the running with me, but after a few weeks of shin-splints and other injuries, he's just been going on a nice long walk everyday I run. Now I'd like us to go on walks together even on my days off. Slowly but surely we'll get there!
Marcel is doing fantastic in school. 2 classes completed and 2 A's. That's right he has a 4.0!! He's very proud of himself for that major accomplishment. He is still subbing for the Vallivue School District and went into Caldwell's district office a few weeks ago while the sub coordinator was on maternity leave. She returned the week before spring break, so she called Marcel in to get all squared away on new-hire paperwork so he can sub for them too. It's nice that they pay better, but they only call out for subs, which isn't as nice as what Vallivue has. While he was in the office, though, they were super excited to learn that he's a music guy. Turns out they have 2 music teachers retiring after this school year and they really want to hire Marcel. The school district administrators are in contact with George Fox to make arrangements for everything he'd have to do on a special schedule to make it possible for him to be teaching full-time next fall, even though he will not have completed his school (won't be done until May 2011) and will need a provisional license. It's crazy to me that they were so excited about offering him a job already (he'd still have to apply and interview, but I think it is just a formality) without knowing anything about him, besides that he wants to be a music teacher! We're still praying that everything works out the right way, not our way! It would be a huge blessing to have him working full-time, but this may not be the job God wants him to take.
Oh, that reminds me that I'm starting another job search and so is Marcel. He'll have a really hard time finding sub jobs when school isn't in session, so he's applying for the Boys & Girls Clubs in this area, that was his summer job back in Washington for many years. We have our fingers crossed for that! I'm looking for a night job. See, if Marcel doesn't get the real teaching position, he starts his first round of student teaching in November-ish, and the program "allows" you to work during that placement because you aren't the full-time teacher, but since Marcel works in schools subbing, he can't sub and do his observations, so I need another job to make up for the income of his we'll be losing. Plus, after that placement he starts full-time student teaching and they've said from the very beginning that you can't have another job during that placement. We know everything will work out just fine, because God is in control and we've been faithful with our tithing, but I still want to feel prepared and know that we did everything we could for the future.
Sorry that turned out to be so long even though I had nothing to report!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for your running stuff!! That is so cool. My goal is a 1/2 marathon this year as well!

    ReplyDelete