Monday, February 2, 2015

January

I'm going to give blogging another try.  I love that I have so many details saved for the years I was blogging and then I only posted once in 2014.  No good.  To start, I'm planning on doing just 1 post per month so that I don't have to do it so often, unless there is an event with too many details/pictures. And in order to blog, I'm going to try to take more pictures again!

Marcel was still on Christmas vacation the first week of January and we spent our time binge-watching Criminal Minds on Netflix.  We also talked through our goals and dreams for the year. Continuing from last year, a big priority for us was to go on at least 1 date per month, out of the house.  We also set a pretty big financial goal in terms of how much debt repayment we'd like to do this year in order to be debt-free on our 10th anniversary.  Yes, we're still that far away, but a huge pile takes a long time to move with a little shovel.  And we're grateful to still be faster than if we didn't work at it at all.

We spent our last day before school started at Cece's 2nd birthday party.  Of course, it had to be Minnie Mouse.  She's been so Minnie obsessed, so it made sense!  And unlike her sister, she seemed to enjoy being sung to.
We had a great 3 day weekend for MLK Jr. Day.  We enjoyed our monthly date on Friday night.  We went to dinner at The Counter.

For Christmas, the adults did a restaurant gift card exchange and this was one of the 2 that we got (one for each of us).  Neither of us had ever been there before and we were excited to get to build our own burgers.


Marcel's hamburger.  I didn't get a picture of mine, but it was WAY better than his :) 
He choose a gross sauce to go on his.

Then we headed back to Nampa to see American Sniper.  It was opening night, which we never do, and will probably never do again!  The first theater we got to was full for the time we wanted to go so instead of waiting in line for an hour for the next screening, we headed to a different theater.  We had to wait in line for just a few minutes before they opened the door and then got great seats. The movie was so good.  Definitely a must-watch.  And after it was over, I said "I couldn't be a military wife" to which Marcel replied, "I couldn't be in the service."  Such a new found appreciation for the troops.


 Marcel had a rare Sunday off from serving at church.  Marcel normally leaves for church around 6:30am, when I get up, so it was nice to have him home in the morning.  And he cooked me breakfast!  We decided to attend service at CFC Caldwell, the campus of our church we moved to in November in 2013 when it launched.  We have been back at main campus since July 2014 and even though I visit Caldwell regularly, this was Marcel's first time back.  Everyone was so surprised to see him there.
We spent most of Monday in Boise.  We wandered around the mall and running into many of Mr. Bailey's students.  I was looking for a Seahawks shirt because they had just won the NFC Championship game and were headed to the Super Bowl.  It has been a long 2 weeks waiting for the game.  We are both just a little excited!  After our shopping we headed to Aspen Leaf frozen yogurt for a yummy treat.  

The past 5 or so days I've been dealing with an infected finger.  I finally went into urgent care last night (1/27) because the redness was spreading and it was not getting any better.  He prescribed me an antibiotic and even though it barely looks better today (he said it will take a few days to see a difference) it is already feeling better.  Thank goodness, because it was rather painful, especially when it got bumped.

sorry to end with such a lovely picture...




1 comment:

  1. Welcome back!
    bummer about the finger!! I had the same thing happen to one of mine last year from getting fake nails and it looked just as bad.... I used lavender and melaluca on it. It healed pretty quickly!! I hope yours heals soon.... It looks painful!

    ReplyDelete