Wednesday, August 31, 2011

River, Park, Sleeping & Ice Skating

Wow, I need to blog after every picture worthy happening, instead of having to combine so many things into one super lost post.  Here goes nothing!
Marcel got a job and we decided to celebrate.  We floated the Boise River, something I hadn't done since high school and something we'd never done together.  It was a great afternoon spent together just talking.  We also discovered that I'm the worst paddler ever.  Well, I can paddle just fine if Marcel tells me what direction to paddle.  I can't paddle on my own to keep us from running into trees and rocks.

A few Friday's ago, Marcel and I took Lilli swimming at the pool in my mom's subdivision.  It didn't last long before she needed a major diaper changing, so once we were done, we stopped at their little park.  She climbed to the top to go down the slide but then never would go down it, but she loved the binoculars and kept saying "I see you".

Lilli isn't really smiling (maybe we had told her it was time to go) but I love this picture!

We took Lilli with us to Marcel's classroom to start getting things set-up.  I thought I wouldn't get anything done because she was there and would want too much attention, but she was actually very helpful, so helpful in fact that she barely made it out of the parking lot before falling asleep...

 Saturday, August 20th was teacher appreciation day, and Marcel went and was appreciated.  A bag full of wonderful classroom supplies!

That same day was also free ice skating day, and you better believe we went.  It was free, after all, and that definitely fits in our budget :)  Just like when we went roller skating, I really struggled at first, but eventually got the hang of it.  Marcel, of course, is like a professional, especially compared to me.



Tomorrow is September 1st and that is the day I officially start counting down the days until my birthday.  And this year it is my golden birthday.  I think that is cause for a extra big celebration!

No comments:

Post a Comment