Sunday, May 22, 2011

5 Years

Today marks a big day in our house.  It has been 5 years since Marcel and I started dating!  We've spent the last few days reminiscing our early days, which always makes for good conversation and a few good laughs.  This time, I remembered how skeptical people, including us, were of us, about how we were too different to make it work.  A long-distance summer "fling" started without much prior friendship that we both planned on ending when school started but neither of us ever got around to it.  And look where we are now!  It has been a great ride so far and we know that it will just continue to get better and better.

Our dating anniversary is just 8 days before our new, wedding anniversary, which aided me in gathering some of these photos.  This also means I'll have another anniversary post in a few days, but I couldn't let the "5 year" mark go without acknowledging it.
2006
(from September--MaryBeth's 21st birhtday--but it is the earliest one I could find on facebook)

2007
Tumwater Falls, WA

2008
Cannon Beach, OR

2009
8 days after being together 3 years!!

2010
Celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary
2011
Happy 5 years to us!!


Marcel,
You are my first and only love and I am so lucky to have you.  You make me happier than I could have ever imagined I would be.  I love you for always keeping me second in your life, behind nothing but God, even though you get pulled in so many directions by so many different things.  I am so grateful to have you support me in everything I do.  I love watching you with kids, especially Lilli, because I know that our kids will be the luckiest ones in the world to have you as their dad.  I hope you wake up and go to bed each day knowing just how much I love you, and that even if you know, I tell you anyway!  Thank you for these wonderful 5 years, and here's to many more filled with more happiness, joy and love than we could ever hope for!

No comments:

Post a Comment